Friday, January 20, 2012

Lethal

Lethal By Sandra Brown

~Lethal
~Sandra Brown
~472 pages


When her four year old daughter informs her a sick man is in their yard, Honor Gillette rushes out to help him. But that "sick" man turns out to be Lee Coburn, the man accused of murdering seven people the night before. Dangerous, desperate, and armed, he promises Honor that she and her daughter won't be hurt as long as she does everything he asks. She has no choice but to accept him at his word.

But Honor soon discovers that even those close to her can't be trusted. Coburn claims that her beloved late husband possessed something extremely valuable that places Honor and her daughter in grave danger. Coburn is there to retrieve it -- at any cost. From FBI offices in Washington, D.C., to a rundown shrimp boat in coastal Louisiana, Coburn and Honor run for their lives from the very people sworn to protect them, and unravel a web of corruption and depravity that threatens not only them, but the fabric of our society.

My Review: 
This is the first book I have read from Sandra Brown and I LOVED it from start to finish. Sandra Brown will be added to my favorite authors list and I will be reading more from her!

I loved how fast paced this book was and how it was full of suspense that had you on the edge of your seat. It had you wanting to read non stop and get to the next chapter to find out what was going to happen. I love how vivid Sandra was in writing this book. She made it feel like you were really involved and there. She painted the image and personality of the characters tremendously. I am very good at figuring out the villain in most books before it even gets to the middle of the story, but this book on the other hand, had me guessing all the way to the end who the villain was. Once you find out who the villain is it is a shocker but at the same time you realize why certain characters did what they did in the book.

I love how it shows the love and bond between a mother and daughter. I loved how it showed that a mother will do anything for her child and the safety of her child. With that I could relate as I have 2 daughters.


I loved how Honor's character in the beginning of the story was shy,timid, and not very confident in herself but towards the middle and end you saw her courage come out and she was more confident of herself and her character just blossomed.

Coburn's character, in the beginning you just want to dislike him but even with wanting to dislike him you still start to love him. His personality is awesome. He has the bad ass edge to him but at the same time you can feel his soft side as well. I love how he grows fond of Emily very quickly and does everything to protect her. I loved how the sparks flew with Coburn and Honor and how the love grew and blossomed for one another. Then towards the end of the book you really saw Coburn's true self instead of just the bad ass he hides behind. I fell in love with him while reading this book.

The book also had a great ending, even though instead of hinting, I wish it would have added a bit more to the reuniting of the two main characters. I recommend this book to everyone as it is such a great book. 
My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...