Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Allegiance Tour~Author Interview













Blurb:

Evangeline finally got what she longed for—the cursed pendant off her neck and Caden in her arms—only it came at a steep price. An unknown poison now courses through her body, slowly morphing her into something no one but the Fates can foresee.She has her suspicions, though...and if she is right, it will spell certain ruin for her and Caden. But she won’t last long enough to realize that, if Viggo and Mortimer uncover the treasonous secrets she keeps from them– that Veronique, no longer entombed, is now in the torturous clutches of the witches and the People’s Sentinel, or that she is protecting a Sentinel within their very midst.

Always the naive human caught in the vampires’ web of deceit, Evangeline is now weaving her own dangerous web so she can keep her friend alive, rescue Veronique, and stop a seemingly inevitable war from erupting. But can her honor handle the depths of duplicity to which she must descend, in order to be in league with the vampires?

Dark and gripping, riddled with angst, Allegiance will have readers anxiously turning pages to find out if Evangeline can survive, or if she’ll spiral into disaster.

Author Bio:
Born in small-town Ontario, Kathleen published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons. She is a voracious reader and the farthest thing from a genre-snob, loving everything from High Fantasy to Chick Lit. Kathleen currently resides in a quaint small town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and an exhausting brood of four-legged creatures.
 

 Links:

Website : http://www.katuckerbooks.com/
blog : http://www.katucker.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4866520.K_A_Tucker
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kathleenatucker
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/K.A.-Tucker/e/B00539O6SK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Add To Goodreads



Allegiance (Causal Enchantment, #3)



The Interview: 

What inspired you to write your first book?
A question: What would happen if vampires eradicated the world of humans? It kind of snow-balled from there

2.Do you have a specific writing style?
I always write in 1st person. The Causal Enchantment series is in 1st person past tense. I've just finished a book in 1st person present. I find it's easier to write in this tense than any other because I can put myself into the MC's head and explain what they see and how they feel as if I'm experiencing it. I’m also not an overly flowery writer. My writing is fast-paced and I try not to go off onto tangents. Tangents bore me.

3.How did you come up with the title?
There's no glamorous, deep answer to how I name my books. The first book, ANATHEMA, is about a cursed person (which is one of the dictionary definitions of the word). I didn't want to go with "Cursed" though I could have.  I somehow ended up going with an "A" theme and it's worked out. ASYLUM has a two-sided meaning - Evangeline's protective hiding place (that provides her asylum) and the Manhattan building where all the dangerous vampires are confined (going crazy). Sofie looks to Lilly to pledge her ALLEGIANCE so that makes sense. I'm struggling with the fourth book. I have a few "A" words that would tie to the storyline well but I can't decide which one to go with.

4.Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? If anything, I would say the message is to keep hope in the darkest of situations.

5.How much of the book is realistic? Absolutely none.LOL. Unless you're one of those people who believe in alternate universes and paranormal beings. That being said, I tried to set it in 'real Earth' as much as I could, with real locations.

6.Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Not a chance and I'm kind of glad. What happens to Evangeline sucks, big time.

7.What books have most influenced your life? That's a tough question. I think A Prayer for Owen Meany is definitely up there as a thought-provoking book. It's about a weak boy who is bullied through his childhood. It's very sad and it makes you stop and think about how you've treated people who don't fit the "normal" mold.

8.If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? No one develops characters better than George R.R. Martin. He can create a character who you truly despise in one book and then fall in love later on. All writers should read his Song of Ice and Fire series, even if it's not their preferred genre.

9.What book are you reading now? Gabriel's Inferno by Sylain Reynard.  Adult Contemporary Romance. Enjoying it so far!

10.What are your current projects? I just sent a New Adult Contemporary Romance novel to my editor. It's called Ten Tiny Breaths and it is due out in mid-November

11.Do you see writing as a career? Absolutely. Right now it's a second career. I'd like to change that J

12. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Absolutely not. I don't publish a book until it feels right and this book feels right.



Amazing Interview and Im so glad I had the chance to have an interview with K.A. Tucker!!!

Also Anathema is always free in e-book format:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/anathema-ka-tucker/1103475606?ean=2940011318221

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...