Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Through the Valley Love Endures Promo



Through the Valley Love Endures

What if death came for you today? Would you be ready?
Forced to face his own mortality, Eddie Santiago fought to stay alive in a broken world. His incredible journey through heartbreak, abuse, and adversity left him with one truth: every life makes a difference.
This is the true and compelling story of his supernatural quest through the valley of death, doubt, and darkness. Eddie provides a passionate story that will capture the attention of even the toughest skeptics.
Angels, demons, heaven, hell, Jesus and the devil: are they fiction, or are they more real than anything else in the world?

About Eddie David Santiago

Eddie David Santiago has worked in the mental health/substance abuse field since he was 18 years old.  He holds bachelor degrees in both psychology and religious studies and has provided counseling related services for multiple mental health, substance abuse and human service agencies.  In addition, he earned his master’s degree in counseling along with certification in educational administration.
With over fifteen years of counseling related experience, Eddie founded the organization L.E.A.D. (Love Endures And Delivers) which offers interactive group trainings, seminar sessions, speaking opportunities for groups of all ages and crisis counseling sessions.
THROUGH THE VALLEY, LOVE ENDURES is based on Eddie’s early collection of writings, through which he found his voice.  He seeks to inspire others to find their voice and share their own stories.
Eddie resides in the Midwest with his beautiful wife Sarah and their three amazing children, Faith, Isaiah and Makaylah.

Purchase – Kindle / Paperback

Fill out the form below to Enter!

Follow the tour!

46.



  
Through

 The Valley Love Endures:  Why didn’t I
speak out sooner?



I have been getting messages and book reviews from people all over the world.  I am even getting messages from the real life characters in my book as well as goodhearted community members from where I grew up, who were wishing they would have known the extent of my suffering.  I am so very grateful to the people who are making love a priority in their lives.  With that being said, a common inquiry keeps surfacing.  The question being asked is, “Why didn’t you speak out sooner?”
In my book I made failed attempts to speak out, but could never find my voice.  In my earlier years the threats had me to intimidated to say anything.  There were also some adults who covered up or contributed to my mistreatment, which made the matter even more complicated.  As time went on, I found myself as a young teen desperately trying to survive and fit in, so I tried not to bring any unwanted attention to myself. 
In addition, sometimes people who go through trauma want to be left alone until they believe they have enough strength to work through the pain.  A number of them can wait as long as ten to twenty years to say anything, while others speak immediately needing to be heard because the pain is too much to keep in.  I was the one with scars that no one else could see.  With having experienced deep levels of trauma myself, I understood this.  It is why, as a counselor, I have been able to successfully counsel clients with deep scars.  For example, I’ve counseled a number of rape victims over the years who were always questioned by people as to why they never said anything.  The people in their lives couldn’t understand why it took them so long to come forward when others would have supported them and brought justice much sooner.  However, to some, a deep level of guilt and shame overtook them, thus robbing them of their voice.  When they finally find the strength to tell their story and heal, they do so in way that tries to help bring awareness and hope to others to not be afraid. 
I didn’t how to stand for truth even if it meant I could be the only one standing.  I was trapped in a deep level of fear and pain, which I had no idea how to overcome.  Looking back at it now I am able to share with others the importance of speaking out sooner.  Not only that, but to also point out the importance of taking the time to look around you to see who is hurting and how you can help.  God put an array of people in my path that would have stood with me in love.  I have come to learn that people can’t stand with you if they don’t know.  They can’t walk with you if you aren’t talking to those closest to you.  I am saying this as a person who was too afraid to speak out.  I can now say if I had found the strength to sooner, then maybe the outcome would have been different.  I will spend my life fighting for this dream of hope of a better tomorrow.  For the innocent ones without a voice, I want you to know that I still believe people can change and love will light the way.  I hope to continue to be part of, and invited to, speaking engagements that desire to bring the lost and hurting home.  One hope, one dream, one voice.  To God be the glory….
  








♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥ 
 ♥Please feel free to leave your comments and opinions♥ 
♥I enjoy hearing feedback from my fellow bloggers & readers!♥ post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...